Location: Monroeville, PA
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Reports to: Business Manager
Type of Position: Fulltime
Starting Salary: $40,000
Summary: Tamis, a leader in the crowd management industry, provides products to companies nationwide. We need a self-motivated team play with effective time management skills to assist in our growth. The Sales Assistant with work closely with our Sales Reps – researching new sales opportunities, capturing leads, maintain the sales database, supporting sales initiatives, building vendor relationships, and provided administrative support when needed. This individual will be required to be in the office during the initial training period. After that, work requirement will shift to a hybrid of in-office and remote working.
To be a successful candidate, you need to be experienced in customer service or inside sales, have a passion for success, personal achievement and self-improvement. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can handle whatever is thrown at you. When you hit a brick wall, it doesn’t stop you. Instead, you go over it, under it, or through it to achieve your goal.
Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
Assuming clerical tasks for our 3-person Sales Team:
Monitoring email folders for short-term sales leads, create or update info in the database, and assign to a sales rep;
Collect customer information, such as credit applications and tax certificates.
Complete and maintain registration forms required by government agencies, bid boards, purchasing co-ops, and other organizations.
Work closely with our vendors, keep information current, obtaining product and/or freight quotes when requested;
Resolve issues with customers’ credit card payments;
Obtain product shipment tracking tracking numbers for the database and forward to the customer;
Research long-term projects to be distributed.
Assuming administrative tasks for all departments:
Answering and distributing inbound phone calls;
Maintaining the item database with price changes, new products, and deletion of discontinued products;
Preparation of labels for shipping/mailing of samples, bid packets and catalogs as needed by USPS, UPS or FedEx, and scheduling pickups.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
General office assistance, such as filing, scanning and uploading documents into our database, mailing checks, emailing documents requested from customers or vendors, and ordering supplies.
Must-Haves to be considered for this position:
- A minimum of 4-years’ experience is sales or customer service.
- Above-average skills in the use of a personal computer, databases, and Microsoft office.
- Effective time management skills, with strong organization and prioritization abilities
- Must be coachable and adaptable to changes.
- A can-do attitude with a desire to continually improve performance and take it to the next level
- Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
- The ability work as part of a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- Using logic and reason to identify problems, develop a solution and apply it
- Communicate effectively either verbal or in writing as appropriate for the inquiry or problem
- A passion for success
- Sense of humor a plus!
What’s in it for YOU?
- Starting rate of $40,000 per year.
- Fulltime, exempt position working 40 hours per week. No evenings or weekends. Those hours should be spent with family, friends, sporting events, hobbies and pursuing your personal life.
- Company provided PC/laptop and accessories needed to work remotely
- 12 days PTO in the first year, 8 paid holidays
- A Highmark PPO medical/vision plan, plus a Health Spending Account with our company paying 90% of the cost
- A voluntary dental plan for you and your family
- $50,000 life insurance /AD&D policy paid by Tamis
- Voluntary insurance policies, administered by Colonial Life. Options include life insurance for you, your spouse and children, short-term disability, and cancer coverage to name a few.
- Small company with a family environment. We laugh together, cry together, support each other and yes, argue like families do.
- Located 3 minutes off Rt 22 in a building with free parking
Please forward your resume to HR.Candidate@tamismail.com